,,,...,,,,

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Super Mom or Some Version of It

/>


I'll admit it, I want to be Super Mom. I want to be the kind of mom that can manage a full-time job, be a full-time student, be a full-time mom and wife and still have time to be a master gardener, worlds greatest cook, a mini version of Martha Stewart all while dressed in heels and pearls like June Clever. However, this is an unrealistic expectation.

My life is a little different than that. Currently it consists of someone else doing my laundry and that of my husband and children. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it because it's one less thing I have to do but it makes me feel like I'm not taking care of my family. Right now I have someone else cook the meals I eat, again so grateful but I can cook sometimes. Right now I have someone else clean the house, do the dishes and pack my husband and sons lunches. Why? Because we are living with my inlaws while we save money for a house.

It makes me feel inadequate at times but I am grateful. With running an entire department at work, going to school full-time and adjusting to new situations, I am totally grateful but I want to be a good wife and mother in my own eyes and not just in the eyes of my husband or children.

I am envious of those women who can manage to do it all and make it look easy because I'm not one. Maybe one day I can be a Super Mom but it won't be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers